Wednesday, April 8, 2009

$30 a day wine habit?

uh, I made the mistake of looking at my bank account today and saw that T & I spent $120 at Cork & Bottle over the course of 4 days last week.

I'm guessing this doesn't top all time C&B consumption, but it gave me some pause.

At this rate, I really do think they need to consider some frequent buyer program. Can we earn "slugs" with every purchase until they amount to a bottle? How about one of those buy ten get one free cards they punch? Or something. I mean, damn, we are some loyal customers.

On the plus side, I never got a hangover.

2 comments:

  1. The $30 a wine habit - yeah. Makes you wonder if you should upgrade to harder stuff.
    Start your own Coke + Heron chain right next to the Cork + Bottle joint. Or afford a maid.

    I think you should you just think of yourself as someone fortunate enough to keep the local economy "liquid" -- and, just not look closely at the bank statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard a cool song on WWOZ the other day. It was written and sang by a Scottish woman (don't recall her name). The song was really cool. She described the song as describing her first few weeks in New Orleans when she felt lost. It described New Orleans as "wet" and her as "dry". She was on a constant search then to become more "wet" (drunk). She felt like she had some catching up to do (and that's coming from a Scottish woman!). New Orleans is a wet town. Try not to feel shame. Besides, you'll do it all over again soon.

    ReplyDelete